Sunday, May 31, 2009

38... 37...

Ah! Engagements need to be shorter than 18 months! I'm totally going crazy being nearly a month away. Although, I will admit that it certainly helps to have everything planned. Jason and I have has several talks with our parents and decided that "The Lodge" in Brigham City (it's actually in Perry, but no one knows where that is) would be a perfect compromise. Nice, but still reasonable. And they care for everything! Love that part! So we've reserved our date there and have nearly everything paid in full. Yay for wedding planners! Then instead of a big reception that night, we're going to do an open house the weekend after our wedding for everyone to come. It's going to be lovely!! Now if they just had people that could help us figure out this whole apartment business! Jason has decided that he should attend UVU next year. So we've been looking for places in Utah county. We found a nice one bedroom within our price range in Springville and we've paid a first months rent and deposit. Then when we filled out the application, the landlord told us that we don't qualify without a co-signer. *frown* Back to begging the parents, I guess! I've also had some trouble getting transferred down there. I applied for a 40 hour position at the American Fork branch, but didn't get it. I'll have to keep my eyes open. I suppose I could go to a different credit union or bank, but if I don't have to, I'd prefer not to. Jason has a job now with Vector marketing, but it's very unsteady income. Sales. :-P He's been back on the job hunt to find something more reliable down there, as well. Let's just hope it comes together soon! Other than that, things are going well. Jason and I both has our bouts with the cold/flu bug that's being passed around. Thank heavens that's over! I bought a new wedding dress because I gained too much weight to fit into my original one. *frown again* But I like the new one, and I am trying to take off a few pounds. I just need to figure out how to do it with all the stress of getting married!! Bandit is doing well, though I can't wait to have our own place for him! It always makes me sad to keep him locked up all day while I'm at work. Jason and I talked it over and canceled our honeymoon trip to Estes Park Colorado. We decided that as much as a trip would be nice, the blessing of just having some time together doesn't need to cost us that much. We still have our first night reserved at Alaskan Inn. Then after that we'll likely spend some nights camping and getting everything settled into our apartment. I still think it sounds like fun, and we are certainly planning on Walt Disney World when we get sealed! So, life is good! If only it would come faster...

1 comment:

  1. Mike worked with Vector until he got his current job. They are a good company, but with the way the economy was/is, not that many people have the means to get the knives right now. Mike was also a salesman with Trugreen last summer, which is what paid for our honeymoon and then some. It's a good paying job and much more reliable in my opinion. Jason should definitely look into that. It's also a likely job that can transfer to the new area if you move after you two are married. Just fyi. Mike got around $500 every 2 weeks so it really helps when you are starting out, too.

    ReplyDelete

Background