Sunday, August 2, 2009

Been A Long Time...

And so much has happened!! I've gotten married, of course, and my wedding day was picture perfect. Jason's little brother Tyler wore a red tie (and red was only meant for the Bride and Groom), but I didn't even notice until I saw my pictures. That's my biggest complaint. We didn't forget anything, my hair and make up looked lovely (thanks to a talented and fabulous Vickie), my bouquet was lovely, everyone was there that could have been, the weather was nice... everything was wonderful. I did miss my nephew and brother in law, both of whom are serving our country, but they'll enjoy the pictures. That night Jason and I stayed at the Alaskan Inn. It didn't hit me that we were married until about 3:00am the next morning. I had to wake Jason up to tell him. Poor guy. (But he loves me. :) The next day we were planning to go to Lagoon, but decided we were much too tired. (Especially when you have a crazy wife that wakes you up in the middle of the night to tell you things you already know!) But, getting married is also very exhausting! Even without our open house the same night! So that next day we visited our families instead. My parents had our wedding gifts, so we opened those and got to talk to everyone. Then we went to the Mills home and I nearly fell asleep while Jason talked with his Dad. It was kinda weird to have Jason laying next to me in front of his parents. I'm not honestly so sure his Dad was cool with it either. But what can he say when we're properly married? Nothing. Ha! :) Love that part. After that, Jason and I said good bye and headed to the Anniversary Inn for our second night married. Thanks to a wonderful Maid of Honor, Crystal! I honestly would have lost my mind without her! We got to stay in one of the top rooms, African Safari. The bed was SOOO comfy! King Size, Itelli Gel... Nice! Jason and I ordered pizza for dinner and had it delivered to our room while we watched "How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days". It was so much fun to just relax and be together. Especially since the next day wasn't relaxing at all. We moved as soon as we got back from Logan and did our open house that night. Crazy! Then that weekend we got everything settled at home and we were back to work on Monday. It's been a happy three weeks-- married life rocks! We have had our share of heartbreaks, though. On July 23, my sweet Lady passed away. We were expecting it because she was having so many health problems with her heart and breathing. But it was still so difficult to see her leave. I found out on my way to work. By the time I got there, it was no longer a question of my family needing me, but if my work would let me leave. They did, thankfully. Jason and I drove to Logan once again to bury Lady in my sisters backyard. Dad said a little tearful prayer, and that was that. It was a difficult day for everyone, but my Dad most of all. I don't think I've ever seen him so upset. It was wonderful to have Jason beside me, being my best friend. Someone to cry with and understand. Other than that family crisis, things have been fairly lovely. Jason and I have both applied to Weber for this fall. Jason's FAFSA is turned in and ready to go, mine is waiting my name change. It's nice to feel a fresh start to life, and even more so with a partner beside you. My work wasn't thrilled about housing 5 students, so it looks like evening and online classes for me! (Yay.) :-P But, it's just such a blessing to be going back at all, I won't complain too loudly. Today I had a chat with my honey and set some new goals for life. (Don't you love those "life altering" conversations?) I want to do more things for myself and feel the accomplishment. Jason thinks (and probably correctly) that I've spent too much time in the last few years of my life worrying about him, doing things for him, and trying to get married that I've lost focus on myself. And now, since we only have our Bandit to entertain our time, seems ideal to find that focus once again and put it in balance with being a wife. But wish me luck... It seems like so much. :) But ready or not... Life, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background