Saturday, October 24, 2009

The best part of Halloween is...

knowing Christmas is just around the corner! I least I think it is, anyway. Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. I hate being scared. Why would anyone want to celebrate a negative feeling like fear? Then there's always the hassle of "what should I dress up as?" "Where am I going to get the money to pay for candy for all the kids that come knocking on my door?" It's beyond me. But people still do it. Every year. October 31st rolls around and everyone goes nuts. Just like the people at my work. They do something called "spooking" where we draw names and decorate each others desks with spider webs and candy. I decided to go with it. How bad could it be? When I went shopping for the decor, I found out! I really HATE Halloween. I found nothing worth buying-- nothing I wanted to put on someone elses desk. I bought their favorite candies and decided to take a stand. Instead of buying all the blood stained junk on the shelves I went home and dug out my 6 or 7 boxes labeled "Christmas". I found some red ornaments, some shiny ribbon, a pretty wreath, and other cute snowy, cheerful knickknacks that I wouldn't be too devastated to loose. I made my co-worker a sign to put on her computer monitor, "The best part of Halloween is knowing Christmas is just around the corner!" and cut out snowflakes and hung them from the ceiling. Everyone that saw it had an opinion. I didn't really care. I thought it was cute. At least she can say her desk didn't look like anyone else's!
It feels like so much has happened since I wrote last and yet I don't feel like I have much to write about! That tells you how boring I am. :P
My Mom and Dad are out of town this week and our lives already seem a bit quieter... except that they left their puppy with us! We love little Daisi. She has been having a lovely time playing with my Bandit and putting toys everywhere. She likes to get up early (because my Dad does), and that's been a much better alarm then any others I've ever had! It's been way fun watching two puppies! We took her to the Syracuse Nature Park yesterday and let her chase all the birds. She thought that was the best game! "Live action" toys never get boring to a little puppy! Maybe we should all take some advice from that and remember how great everything is, even when everything sucks!
My sister, Wendi, is so amazing. I've been really wanting to loose some weight and improve myself lately. I've been steadily putting on more and more until now-- I can barely fit into anything I own. Even my "fat" clothes! I've had enough. Time for a change. I've been looking into this plan and that plan, and trying everything. I'm sick of things that don't work. My mother in law is on Weight Watchers. She's lost over 70 pounds! I seen several people succeed on it, and I knew that's what I wanted to try. My mom looked into it, as did Wendi and her husband James. It's 40 dollars a month, which was a bit pricey for a poor newly wed like myself. So Wendi offered to get it for me as a birthday gift. I was so excited!! Since I started I've dropped 3 pounds and I'm more and more aware of everything I put in my mouth. I'm amazed at how unhealthy my habits have become. Hopefully this will be a good way to change those habits, to change my life for good. What's even better is that everyone else is on it with me!! Mom, James, Wendi and of course, Jason's mom! My Dad is doing something similar, which is way cool. It's so fun to say, "Hey, how are you doing on your points today?" :) Support is always so great! Next we're looking into work out programs. I really struggle working out in the winter. It's always so cold when you get up early, or try to do anything outside! My sister is considering doing lap swimming early in the morning. I think that sounds nice and warm- not to mention a full body workout!! Maybe Jason would be willing to come with me! He likes to swim. We'll see how that goes, and if I can fit it in with work and school both full time!
Jason and I had some fun this past week for "fall break". Weber didn't have classes for a Friday, and Jason and I get three paychecks this month-- all of these facts put together gave me a wave of revelation on Thursday night after work. I bought a lovely "wifey outfit" and kidnapped my husband! I told him I had a surprise for him and drove to Maverick. I picked up a half a tank of gas and a men's travel kit (since I "forgot to mention" we were staying over night somewhere...) with a toothbrush and shampoo. Then I took a very round about way to the Alaskan Inn. They gave me a great deal on a room since I didn't book it until 9pm! Jason was shocked... but pleased I think. It was so nice to just "get away" and not stress over anything for a few hours. We stayed in the Northern Lights room and enjoyed a manly action movie together. It was difficult to get up the next morning and come back to the real world. Sometimes I think all the stress of our lives makes everything more difficult, including our relationship. I really try to not let it get too strained by doing some fun things like this. Two or three weeks ago I even covered Jason's computer desk in green sticky notes that said things like. "The force is strong with this one" and "Bonni + Jason = <3". It was fun.
Well, that's my story. Tonight Jason and I are going on a double date with his parents, so I've got to finish up my work day and get all prettied up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background