Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving... with goals in mind

What a Thanksgiving! Jason and I had such a wonderful day, our first Thanksgiving has husband and wife!! We decided to spend odd numbered years at my family and even numbered years at his- so, 2009 was my family! We went up to Logan to my sisters house and had a great time. The food was wonderful (espesially the ham!) and the company was even better. Everyone watched the National Dog Show before dinner, commenting on how cute all the puppies were. Then there was lots of fun games to play after dinner. My Dad had all of his children play bingo to win corn bags for thier families. Jason and I won 6! They will certainly come in handy since we're trying to not turn on our heat yet! (saving that money!!) We also got to play "Ticket to Ride" and sing along with the Beatles on wii. It was a fun and long day.
It was also nice to just sit and talk to Jason on the hour drive home. We've been talking a lot about how to get him a job. No one seems to be hiring, and even when they are, Jason is "unquailified". But we'll need two paychecks coming in once our lease ends on our apartment, or we're going to be dead in the water. Jason's been taking a serious look at joining the military. We talked a lot about that. It would certainly help us with lots of benefits (including free college and a great paycheck), but at the cost of Jason being away for months at a time. But I think it will be worth it. The question then becomes, how to get him to the weight limit so he can enlist? We've been looking at gyms and diets. It's certainly going to be a challenge, but one that will pay off in the end.
Once we got home I decided I didn't want to just sit there, so I decided to sit at a movie theatre! Jason (graciously) allowed us to go see 'New Moon', since he ditched me the last weekend! His little brother just 'happened' to throw a party on the same night I had tickets. So he went to his party and I took my sister to 'New Moon'. That was fun, but it was still certainly something I wanted to share with my honey. We sat on the very front row, which wasn't too bad. I actually liked it.
I have so much to be grateful for, and this Thanksgiving has thrown that all into perspective. It's always good to count your blessings and rememeber the things we easily take for granted.
Now, bring on Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it sound like you guys had a great time! I am glad to see that you are enjoying the holidays :)

    With joining the military, I would suggest talking to a recuiter first to get an idea of what you can expect. They'll pump you up a bit (it's their job), but it would realy be worth it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

    P.S. I miss you! Being here with family is great but I am totally missing our girl time. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Background