Saturday, January 9, 2010

Kitty kitty kitty...

So, funny thing happened this morning. Jason and I woke up to this annoying "meow, moew, moew, moew, moew...." Jason took Bandit out for a walk and they saw a cat sitting on the sidewalk outside our building. I didn't think much of it, because I was running late and trying to get out the door to work as soon as possible. I was on my way to the car when the cat came right up to me and rubbed against my leg. I said, "Hey kitty, kitty... do you have a coller, baby?" No, of course not. No coller. I said, "Well, good luck, kitty." and headed to my car. The cat followed my every foot step and the second I opened my car door, he (if he WAS a he...)hopped right in. So I thought, well I'll turn on my engine and that will scare him out. I turned the key and before I even had a moment to think the cat jumped down on the floor where my heater was blowing and WOULD NOT move. I figured the poor thing was cold, of course, it's freezing outside. But what to do with the cat in my car? So I called Animal Control. They were closed. They only come out for strays Monday through Friday. Go figure. I ended up bringing him into my apartment and putting him in Bandit's big wired kenel. Jason contacted our apartment office, they don't have a list of pets on property. Again, go figure. You think they'd keep that information somewhere in a decent format... No. So it came down to let him go, or keep him until Monday for Animal Control. Jason and I talked it over, fed him some tuna, and decided that we're not really doing him a favor by keeping him all weekend. Animal Control is just going to put him down once they get him. So we let him sleep for an hour or so, and sent him on is way! Bye Bye kitty! It was such an interesting morning. I was a half hour late for work. Just crazy. Moral of the story-- Never talk to cats.

On another note, Jason and I had our six month anniversary on the 8th. He took me to a fantastic steak dinner at Timbermine. It was so fun to talk about what we remembered from our wedding and how the last six months have gone. It was so romantic. Happy Anniversary, my love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background