Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ah, January...

with your snow aplenty...
How I wish your sweet flakes of white
would simply disappear overnight.

Ha ha ha... yeah, right. But it was a nice thought.
So in all the dreary January air I decided to do something kind of crazy. I used to feel like everyone else gets to do fun and spontaneous things, but I'm held back. I'm concerned with what everyone will think, if people will approve, yadda yadda. But no more! I have decided that it's okay to do something a little crazy every now and again, and the only person I should really be looking for the approval of is my sweet husband. So I dyed my hair red. I'm talking bright fire engine red highlights. It's so rock star and punky. So fun. Jason actually loved it, which totally shocked me. The next issue was my work, which actually turned out pretty well, too. My manager said it wasn't too bad and she thought it was fun. So, anyway, I'm now crazy awesome!

Other than that, everything is just moving right along. Well, mostly. Jason's weight loss has slowed down, which as been a bit discouraging. He's been stressed about it, which of course doesn't help. But we're just on such a time crunch with our lease ending in a few short months. I've been considering a move to America First collections department, which would pay me more. But I know I wouldn't enjoy it as much. I love working in member service. Jason's against it, but I'm still considering EVERY option. Jason's also applied with DI. We got our recommendation from our bishop and we're just waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully that will buy us some time, even if its just a few months. I've just heard there's a big waiting list to get in. That worries me. What if he can't get in before we need the paychecks? ... We'll just have to keep pressing on. But at least we always have each other, and we're very lucky to have me at America First. Life is still good.

We're looking forward to a wonderful tax return and a wonderful trip to go along with it! In March we're off to see my totally awesome Maid of Honor, Crystal! She's having a baby! (And Jason's hoping that if I spend enough time around her baby, maybe I'll hold off on wanting my own... ha ha ha) It's going to be so fun to drive across the country with Bandit and my parents. It's a 24 hour drive, and we were a bit worried about taking Bandit that far in the car. But after watching him this past week, there's simply no way we could leave him behind. He needs his Mama!! He's such a silly bright spot in our lives. We're so happy and lucky to have him.

Well, I hope everyone out there in cyber land is well. :) Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background