Saturday, March 26, 2011

Wife of a Gamer night

Well, it's happened again. My husband's gamer side is showing through. It actually happens quite often, or has been happening more often lately, or is always happening, or whatever. All of the above. I guess it makes sense that it's happening on a day my scrapbooking girly side decided to show through as well.

Today is National Scrapbooking Day. I've been doing digital scrapbooking for the past few years, so it was a perfect day to work on that. My sister and I went to an all day scrapbooking event. It actually turned out really well, (even if it was a bit stressful when I first looked at my bill... who knew these things got so expensive?) and I was happy to have some time out with the girls.

But like I said, go figure my husband's gamer side came out the second I left. For those who don't know, gamer events are nearly always last minute and rarely end at a decent time. Tonight is no different. My husband invited his friend over, but it took him a while to come. So, by the time he's friend made it, I was just finishing up and headed home. I was thinking that it might be nice to get out just the two of us, you know, like a date night thing... until my husband texted me and asked if he could play games instead.

Most of the time I'm kinda put out by those kinds of things... I mean, would it kill them to plan in advance? Or keep the ending time to a decent hour? Just because you all don't work, (*hint, hint*-- priorities!) doesn't mean I don't! Not to mention that I would REALLY enjoy a date night every now and then. AND, since we just got our state tax refund, I was thinking closer to the "now" rather than "then". But, obviously, Jason was not. Again, go figure.

So, rather than a date night with hubby, I have a date night with "me time". And rather than being put out, I'm enjoying the freedom. I mean, how cool is it that I get to redbox whatever movie I want for once, without the never-ending "compromise" of renting one action movie and one chick flick?? And, a chance to blog. REALLY blog. Like actually write a complete thought rather than just pieces of thoughts. I took myself out to dinner, (it costs less to feed one, whoever knew?) and even got to splurge a bit on dessert. *smile*. It's actually been a great night.

Bottom line? I love my husband. I love that he's a gamer, mostly because it makes him happy. (And sometimes I'm a gamer, too, but don't tell anyone! Shh! And when I'm not,) I'm learning to love the "me time" and accept the weird-o things boys do. Sigh. Success. For the moment, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background