Thursday, April 30, 2009

April showers, BE GONE!

Well, quite a bit has happened since the family reunion. It's been a busy week! On Sunday my Mom randomly went off on me about having my wedding at the nature park in Syracuse. She went on and on about how "it was going to be a mess" and "setting up and taking down will be impossible" and blah blah blah. She said we should do a reception center. But, those are super expensive. But she thinks it's worth it. No hassles or stress... they take care of everything. Anyway, it was kinda out of the blue for my mom. Monday I got my nails done for our engagement pictures on Tuesday. They were way fun. We took them on main street down town Salt Lake. Jason and I laughed a lot and kissed a lot. :) Hopefully they turn out well. We should be able to see them pretty soon and start looking at invites. On Wednesday I scheduled an appointment with Castlebrook (which is under new management and it's actually called "the Castle" now) during my lunch break. Jason has never been a fan of reception centers, he says they cost too much and they're not worth the price. But once we got to have a tour, I think he was more impressed than he expected to be. Mom loved it, of course, even with the steep price tag. I think wherever we have it will be wonderful-- I'm just so happy to FINALLY be getting married that the rest just disappears in my mind. I mean, it would certainly be nice to have a brides room, and no worries about bugs and AC. But no matter what it ends up being, it will be lovely. After our appointment I went back to work with my Wendy's bag in hand, thinking that I could at least munch a bit because we'd been so slow. I didn't have a second to eat while we were there, so munching seemed good. But I guess not. My lead teller got quite cross with me for having food out. I didn't really understand the big difference between fries and crackers (which the girl next to me was eating), but whatever. So I apologized and told her it wouldn't have again. Today is Thursday and I'm wiped out. It's been such an emotional high week, pictures, wedding planning, etc. It just takes all my energy. Luckily tomorrow I have a short day from 12:00-4:00 and I'm off Saturday. Maybe I'll be able to catch up a bit. Bandit has done very well on his training this week. He's best at bye bye-- even when I left for work today he waved bye bye to me. It was so precious! We're still struggling on spin, but I think he's starting to understand more and more. So hopefully we'll be all ready for class again come Saturday! :) Yay for puppy training!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that things are starting to fall into place for you both! And that, even through some rough spots, you guys are still pressing forward! That's what matters. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know, the park people let us go set up the night before. As for taking it down, my family dealt with that.

    ReplyDelete

Background