Saturday, April 18, 2009

Blind Dates

So last night Jason and I doubled with Spencer, who got set up on a blind date. It was pretty fun! Jason and I have date nights every week, but it's been a while since we've gone with anyone other than just ourselves! We went to Olive Garden for dinner, which is a rare treat for me! Jason isn't generally a fan of Italian, so we don't go often. It was so yummy!! The calamari there is FaNtAsTiC!! (Even if I DO know what it is!) The girl Spencer brought certainly can talk up a storm!! I don't think any of us said hardly anything all night! It wasn't bad, just not something I was used to. I'm usually the one that brings up a conversation and keeps it going. But not this time! After a very filling dinner, we went to Sparetime in Roy. We did glow in the dark mini golf. It was pretty fun, because we didn't keep score or play by the rules at all. (hee hee!) By the end of that we were all pretty tired, so we took Spencer's date home and called it a night. Jason had to drive, I was so wiped out! I haven't been sleeping very well lately. I've pulled something in my left arm somehow and it HURTS like the devil! It's been over a week now, I keep thinking it will get better but it hasn't yet. If anything, it's been hurting more... like to a point that I can't get comfortable enough to sleep. :( Lame. Hopefully in a few more days it will quit. I hope it does before next Saturday for sure! That's going to be a busy day. Jason and I are going down to his family reunion in Southern Utah during the day. Then we start Bandit's new class that night!! I'm not really looking forward to the reunion, last year's was pretty...lame. Windy and sandy and boring. Nothing really to do or see. Just sit-- in the sand. Blah. Bandit's class should be fun, though. He'll love being able to get out every week and work on his training daily. He's such a good puppy! I've been thinking, papillions are bred to be show dogs and Bandit is within criteria... maybe it would be fun to have a champion puppy! A lot of work, for sure, but I know Bandit would love it. He loves any kind of attention-- training, walking, playing, anything. Besides all that, maybe Jason won't want a bird so bad if we're spending so much time with our puppy. He's such a silly honey! He's been researching cockiteils and cockatoos for a while now, and he's decided that after the wedding we should get one. I don't know how I feel about that... Sometimes I don't really feel like we give Bandit enough attention-- how could we add to that? My Mom is terrified of birds, she would never visit us for sure. All I've ever heard of birds is that they're loud, messy and kind of boring. I mean, a dog you can walk, play with and cuddle. A bird just sits in a cage all day chripping and pooping. Jason thinks they're cool because they talk. But Bandit can, too, just not with words. It's pretty funny to watch when Bandit wants something. He certainly CAN talk. :) He'll tell you all about it. Oh, well. I guess we'll see. We're certainly not in a position to get a birdy until we're married, anyway. So we still have two months to figure it out. By that time, I'll hopefully have my level 5 at work along with the pay raises! I'm a bit sad that I didn't get my level 4 this past week. I was waiting, waiting, waiting for my stats from last month to come back. Well, they did, but they still weren't high enough. Lame!! So I get to wait another month. Just wait. I've done everything I can, so... keep tellering! Jason and I are considering finding a place in the Orem area to live, so I may not be at this job very much longer. Jason wants to get back into school next year and he's really liked UVU. I'm happy that he's found something he wants to do. Now just how do we get there?... Just keep on going, I guess. :)

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming...

2 comments:

  1. Mike and I have 2 parakeets and they are load of fun! They are currently at my parents house because our landlord doesn't allow any pets, but my parents love them (even if they don't say so). You can train the birds. You have to do it when they are young or get a bird that has already been trained. They can be trained to do tricks and just sit on your shoulder too. The birds Jason has picked out can do all that too and they can learn to talk! Birds can be just as much fun as any other pet, it just depends on the bird type and it's own personality. Our 2 parakeets (Lyric and Melody) are so much fun! They have learned to mimic sounds and they do flips on their swings! We did NOT teach them that but they do it. They play tag with eachother and are so much fun to watch and they sing, which is so pretty until the other gets jealous of the attention and starts squaking over the other. When you go to the pet store, just watch them in the cage to see which ones are playing. They are the ones that will be the most receptive of learning. The ones that hide in the corner won't learn nearly as easy. We have a friend in Ephraim who owns a Love bird (yes there really is a bird called that) and the bird comes to him when he calls it. And will just fly over and sit on your shoulder. He even potty trained it so it doesn't poop until it's back in it's cage. With birds, the bigger the cage, the better. They need room to flap their wings and still have room for toys and cozy corners. They also have harnesses and leashes that you can put on them to help them learn and possibly take for walks. Our parakeets wrestle with theirs so we don't do it. But well trained birds will love it. Plus, they aren't nearly as expensive as dogs. But can still be just as much fun!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that turned out to be a novel... :-/

    ReplyDelete

Background