Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Three Months!!

It's been a very good day for getting things done! I got to sleep in this morning after talking with my mom late last night about wedding plans. Then I went to the gym and worked out for an hour. (Because exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, and happy people just don't shoot their husbands.) It was actually really nice. I did the treadmill today and I got to watch 'Home Improvement' on the TV! I like that show. :) Then I came home and get ready for the day. Jason and I went out to lunch and then took our Bandit out for a walk. Then it was time for work! I had a training today up in Riverdale, products and services. It wasn't too bad, we just talked about cross selling to members. No worries. Now if only my stats would come back high enough to get my level!! That's what I really need!! Now I'm home and chillin for the evening. I've set a date for our engagement pictures and I can't wait to get those done!! They're going to be so lovely. We're taking them out in Salt Lake City, because I wanted some urban pictures to compare with all of our park pictures. Jason's still plugging away for the job hunt. I'm actually really proud of all the work he's done. On Tuesday night the stake president gave us a new list of places to check into and said he'd have more for Jason next week as well. Hopefully that will help! Something has to stick sooner or later! (Or at least, that's the plan.) Jason and I also set some new goals- daily devotionals, working out, and consistent weekly date nights. It was nice to just sit down and talk about a plan of action for getting things rolling. From today, we only have three months left until the wedding! (Not that anyone's counting, of course...) I've asked Vickie and Anna to be my bridesmaids and Jason's asking James and Spencer to be groomsmen. It's going to be so awesome to have an actual "wedding party"! (That doesn't involve all the drama of sisters...) It's been a bit difficult with our families. Everyone is disappointed that we're getting married civilly and they're almost unsupportive because of it. :( Jason and I have decided, though, that we're not going to allow the drama to tear us apart anymore. In the end, it's about the two of us and our MARRIAGE. Not the cake, parties, flowers or the families. It really brings meaning to "cleaving unto your spouse and none other"-- including parents! That's made a big difference for us. Every time our families were unhappy we'd end up fighting. It's nice to let that fall behind us. Other than that, things are going good- just pressing forward. Only three more months!!

2 comments:

  1. I like your philosophy on working out. Also, why did you decide to get married civilly? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete

Background