Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Missionaries, Jobs, and Puppy!


It's been such a fun day off! Jason and I got to spend some time together this morning. It was so nice to just relax and watch movies. I rented "Seven Pounds" from Redbox. It made me cry. But it really has a good meaning, and made me feel so blessed that I have the life I do.
Then we headed to Salt Lake to see Elvia (my roommate from college) before she enters the MTC tomorrow. We went out to lunch at the Garden. It was so yummy! She seems so happy, I'm thrilled for her. It's nice to see her prepared to preach the gospel and bless others' lives. What an amazing example she's been to me. :)
Jason got an unexpected call to meet with TSA (airport security) tonight for a meeting in the hiring process. I am so excited about that!! What a blessing it would be if he got that job!! Part time employees make over $30,000 a year!!! Plus my salary, we'd be better than well off.
So while he's there, I've been playing with the puppy. He's so silly and wonderful. He's been such an awesome addition to our little family. He was such a hit this Easter weekend-- everyone got a kick out of how silly he acted with his bunny ears on. All the puppies got their picture taken with the bunny ears and a bone chewy treat. Such a good Easter!
It turned out to be such a fun weekend with everyone. Jason let me buy $30 of scenty stuff as a gift! (Yay!) My Mom gave me a coupon for a shopping date with her for new bras and jeans. (Which I totally need!) Jason's Mom gave Jason and I both an adorable plaque that says "In the Strength of the Lord, I can do all Things.". It was so sweet of her to think of us. My sister Wendi threw a big party for all of my side of the family. Jason and I hid an entire box of Easter Eggs in the backyard for the kids. My honey is so creative- it was fun to watch him think of fun places to hide them. He's going to be such a good Daddy!! Afterwards we spent some time with Jason's family. They did an Easter Devotional and desert. We brought Bandit along, and all had a good time watching him. Jason's Mom fed him nearly an entire steak as a treat... again, no wonder he loves her! I'm happy to see the Mills' warming up. It's awesome.
Tomorrow marks half of April being gone. Whoo!! Counting down to that wedding date! Jason and I are so thrilled. Nearly everything is planned, we're designing the reception invites this week. It's been so fun, even with all the drama. Although, the drama would be nearly unbearable if I didn't have Jason to help me through it all. Good thing he's sticking around! I looked around for some bridesmaid dresses today on my way home from Salt Lake. I found some I liked at Kathleen's, but then I found ones I liked better (that were cheaper, too) at Modest By Design. I even tried that one on, to see what it looked like on a person. I totally love it. I'll have to take my bridesmaids out one of these days, to see what they think. After all, they're the ones that have to wear them! It's been fun. I just can't wait to see it all come together. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see the dresses!! :-) Glad things are going well for you two! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!!! When can we all go looking at them together? I'm always off on Thursdays and Saturdays, so give me a call!

    ReplyDelete

Background