Wednesday, April 1, 2009

La La La La La!!!

Isn't it funny how times get difficult then suddenly blissful? Today has been PERFECT! Unexpectedly so, but still perfect. :) I slept in for a long long time, because Jason and I stayed up late watching Oceans 12. I called Jason and we set up a time to meet for the day. I got ready, ate breakfast and brushed Bandit. Then my cell phone rang. It was the cake lady I had originally set for our December and April wedding plans. She said that my wedding cake was just coming out of the oven and she just needed to know what time to be there on Friday. WHAT?! I guess when I canceled the Lion House, I expected them to contact her, they always had in the past. But I guess they decided not to!! So, I told her I would come down to pick up whatever she had done and pay her for the trouble. It was just out of the blue! That ended up to be quite the adventure. We had about an hour to kill, so Jace and I decided to stop by Aarons jewelery. We asked about melting my original ring down to have it set on a plain solitaire band. They said it wouldn't save us any money. *frown* But then she said, "Okay, you guys have been in here three or four times. What is it that you're looking for exactly? Let's find it for you!! Let's get what you want done. What price range are we looking at? What do you like?" The next thing we knew we had picked out two or three rings that I really loved all at the right price. I liked one better than the others, so... we bought it!! Jason is so amazing! He'd had some savings set aside (that he didn't tell me about, of course...) and there you have it! They had the ring ready for me that night, and poof! All done! It's so pretty... I completely love it. It's nice to have a ring that I'm proud to wear for my honey. Then we sped to Salt Lake and picked up our cake. We paid half price for it, but at least she got something for the misunderstanding. I really did feel terrible about the whole thing. We brought it home and ate the top layer. It was so rich!! Jason loved it, of course, but it's not my favorite. I'm looking forward to the cake we have ordered for July! White cake and raspberry filling!! Mmm... After Jason had his fill we did a devotional and called it a night. I have a full day of work tomorrow, so off to bed!! It's been such a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had such a good day! :) How funny about the cake. Well, it was April Fools Day, Right? hehehe Take it all in and smile! Thats wonderful that you were able to find that perfect ring for you- can't wait to see it! When can we play?

    ReplyDelete

Background