Saturday, March 28, 2009

Making Up

The best part of fighting is making up. *smile* Things have been going much better. Jason and I have finally had sometime to ourselves. We talked everything out, found better ways to work on the things we need to get done. He's been very understanding about the stress I've been under with the wedding planning. He recommended that we take a bit of a break and schedule ourselves a little better. That way it's not all crammed in to a short time frame. We do have plenty of time to get everything done, still three full months. He also offered to help a bit more. He's so wonderful. We also set some goals for his job search. He seems more confident and focused, which certainly helps.Hopefully things will go a bit faster with some of the new guidelines we discussed. It's so nice to get things worked out.

Other than that, today has been a lovely day. I worked, but it was really slow. Nothing too intense. Right after work Jason and I ran to take Bandit to his vet appointment. Just regular shots and a check up. While we were in the waiting room, we saw a couple leave that was very upset. The man carried out a leash... and no dog. After they were gone, the nurse carried out the dog they had put down. I really tried to prepare myself and not look, but it seemed automatic. They had a sheet over its head, but I still wanted to cry. I hugged Bandit until it was our turn fifteen minutes later. I'm grateful I don't need to go through anything like that just yet. I don't know if I could take it. Luckily I didn't have much longer to think about it, because Bandit's appointment took all my attention. It went well, for a first time. Bandit was so nervous, but he seemed okay once he trusted the nurse. He never did warm up to the vet very well... He's very healthy, thank heavens. Papillions generally don't weigh over 10 pounds, but Bandit weighs 14. The vet said he's just built big for his breed and he's not over weight. He runs around like mad, so I can't see how he possibly could be. Silly puppy...

After that we all went for a walk together as a family. It was perfect weather, not too hot or cold, maybe just a bit windy. We went to Steed Park, somewhere new for us. Bandit always enjoys the new smells and sounds. Jason and I talked about wedding plans and our future together. It was so wonderful to hear about our goals for a family and our lives. It's nice just to be best friends, as well as lovers. We walked for over an hour and Bandit loved it. Jason and I loved it too, but we were sore afterwards. I don't think we'll ever wear Bandit out!

What a wonderful Saturday.

1 comment:

Background