Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wendi's Eyes

I am surrounded by sickies!! My sister, Wendi, had PRK surgery last Monday. (That's kinda like LASIK.) My Mom was going to take her, but she had a headache that prevented her from driving. So I got to be the lucky one to come along. They let us stay with Wendi through the entire thing. We even watched the surgery on a TV just out in the hallway. I don't do very well with medical things, but I watched what my tummy could handle. They scraped off the top layer of her eye and then made corrections. It was yucky. She felt fine right after, but yesterday was difficult. James (Wendi's husband) came home from Iraq yesterday as well. So, I got to play taxi service again. Even though it was dark outside all the car lights and street lights hurt Wendi's eyes. She tried to cover them, but that made her motion sick. No good, no good... I tried to tell her to stay home and let me just pick up James. She wouldn't do it, though. When I first watched the procedure I thought I wouldn't be too bad. Maybe I should start saving for something like that. But after yesterday-- I'll stick to my contacts, thanks. When Tami (my other sister) had hers done, it took her about a month to fully recover. I hope Wendi makes it faster. James is home now, though, so that will certainly help. :) I love you, Wendi!! Best of Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background