Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sick Days

Oh, I hate being sick. Yesterday was awful. I woke up feeling sick to my stomach, but decided to ignore it and get some breakfast. I could only eat a few bites before I realized it would hurt more than help. I got dressed and ready thinking maybe a shower would be best. I went to work, still not feeling great. When I got there I tested myself out on my first few members, but realized I wasn't getting any better. I asked my lead teller if there was any way I could go home, but she said they were already short handed for the day. So I went back to my window and tried to keep a smile on. I helped a few more members, then ended up getting sick right there in my window. I hit the trash can, thank heavens, but it was so embarrassing! I went to the break room and laid down for a full half hour. My tummy was still upset and my lead teller finally sent me home. I took a tub for two hours in some nice hot water. That helped, but I still spent the rest of the day in bed. When I woke up this morning I felt a bit better, but still not great. I called in sick- not wanting to repeat the mistake I made yesterday. It was a good thing I did, because I still feel yucky. I've mostly just relaxed. My puppy hasn't been nearly as restful as I have, though. He has taken this new time to learn how to jump on my bed. (Which is a pretty big leap for him, even Lady won't do it.) It's been fun to watch. He never fails to put a smile on my face. It's so sweet that he still just wants to be with his momma, even when she's sick. He's been such a blessing for me.
Jason and I have a meeting with the stake president tonight, to present our plan of getting married in July. I'm a bit nervous, but I still feel confident that this is right for the two of us. I'm sure the stake president will feel that as well. It would certainly be better to progress than continue digging deeper. I just hope things will fall into place for that to become reality, rather than just a wish. Perhaps tonight will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background