Saturday, March 14, 2009

Eternal Families

Families can be together forever. That seems to have just been the theme of this weekend. Yesterday was wonderful. Jason and I spent the whole day together just window shopping. We found a ring setting at Sams Club that I ended up completely falling in love with. It's so funny, because I've seen it before, but it's never caught my attention as something I'd like. Jason wanted me to pull it out and try it on anyway. When I put it together with a solitaire diamond and tried it on... oh, my heck. It was breathtaking!! And TOTALLY perfect for me! (Go figure.) After that we stopped at a little jewelery shop on the way home, just to see what was there. We've looked everywhere for a ring Jason liked, but could never find something that was more than "okay". This little shop had really awesome stuff for men and we found one that was perfect. *smile* I was completely thrilled. The prices even turned out right! So, look for our rings in July!! Then last night Jason and I went out to dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday. All of my sisters and their husbands were there (a major feat in itself, considering we just got James home from Iraq and Devin is going active duty next week). This was the first time I actually felt "included" and not just the odd number out. Couple dinners are no fun when the table seats 9 and you're the odd duckling. We went to Ye Old Lion's Den in Ogden, a new place for Jason and me. The dinner was fairly pricey, but wonderfully done. Several courses, plenty of time, fabulous service! Even when Dad started changing up the seating our waiter didn't get too lost with who's dish was who's. Most importantly, it was nice for mom. She loved it. Today was also nice. Jason and I got to tour the new Draper temple. It was so lovely and special. The sealing rooms made me cry, the Spirit there was simply overwhelming. Everything was so beautiful and clean. I loved being able to be inside and my whole being ached to be able to return with Jason next year. I never thought I could feel so strongly compelled to accomplish something. It was amazing. So, all in all, a perfect weekend. I couldn't have asked for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background