Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's been a very frustrating day. I got some things done, but not like I wanted. I got to go to lunch with my mom and sister. That turned out okay. After that, Jason and I got together. We stopped at Syracuse Community Center to find out about the Jensen Nature Park Visitors Center. $500 for the entire day, 6am to midnight. I didn't think it was too badly priced, for a wedding. The only thing about it is it's small. Only 77 people allowed in the building at a time. That shouldn't be a problem for the ceremony, but I'm not sure what to do about the reception. They said we're allowed to set up things outside, though, so maybe that would work. Just serve everyone inside, hand them a cake and set them out. Hopefully, in July the evening will be nice. The other thing is tables. They have 10 long tables and 77 chairs to use. That works for serving and displays, but for guests to eat on? I don't know... that seems a bit uncomfortable for a reception. Round tables seem more traditional. I guess we'll see. After all that Jason and I took Bandit to petsmart to get him groomed. They did so well- tubing, brushing, clipping the toe nails, brushing the teeth. It was wonderful. He feels so soft and lovely. They were also very kind to Jason and I. During the time Bandit was in, Jason and I shopped. We got him signed up for the next training classes, (whoo!) and we also cruised the mall. It was fun for a while. We ended up in the Lovesac store. Jason and I have wanted a movie lounger for quite a while. Of course, the prices are all going up now. The manager in the store was wonderful to work with, he seemed very flexible. Our problem is money. Always the money. Jason still doesn't have a job, and my tax return seems to be paying for everything. I really have been trying to be positive and supportive to my sweet Jason. But today on the way home I lost it. I was so upset about everything. We just have so much we want, things that we've decided on for the next four months. How are we going to do it all on just my salary? A new ring for me, a honeymoon, an apartment... all hundreds of dollars a piece. Where does that all come from? I wish I knew. Jason has been playing WOW so much, three nights a week, and that's been crawling under my skin. Between it all, we didn't part on very good terms. Once Jason told me if I ever felt mistreated to tell him "I'm not feeling very much like a princess". So, I texted him that. He replied, "You're not acting like one, either." I cried. Since then, I've been truly considering canceling the wedding. I don't deserve to be mistreated like that. I know he's under a lot of stress. Who wouldn't be in his position? But mistreating me with that stress is unacceptable. What would happen when we have children and the stress is worse? I love him, without a doubt. But what to do? ...

1 comment:

  1. Just a little advice. You can take it or leave it, but this is some things that we have been told and/or learned through experience. Money is always stressful, but you shouldn't allow it to affect your relationship. Marriage doesn't solve everything. If your not happy before you get married, you won't be when you are. Your attitude is what you make it. It's normal to have fights. Anyone that says otherwise is just lying. Some fights are worse than others. The way to solve them isn't to cancel the wedding(or if married, get a divorce). I know it's hard to do when you are mad and have said/been told hurtful things, but the best thing to do is to calm down and then talk things through, starting with apologies to each other and forgiving. Then talk about the problem and make a new plan(s) to work through it. No problem just goes away. You have to clear the obstacle together. When kids come along, what the best thing to do (from what we've been told) is to not argue in front of them. Discuss the issues in private. Marriage doesn't just magically make things better. You BOTH still have to work at it. Life is still there and so are the trials but with that comes a stronger marriage and relationship and blessings that you wouldn't have received otherwise. The trials that you overcome together strengthens your relationship and eternal family. One thing we started to do before we were married was to read scriptures together and say prayers together. It helped us to be more appreciative of each other, and made us become closer. Also, when you are married, the closer you are to the Lord, the closer you become to each other. Come what may and love it! :-D Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Background